AUSTIN FC vs. Real Salt Lake (9/14/22)

    Tomorrow night is a pivotal moment for Austin Futbol Club. In only our second year as a franchise we have the talent to make a run for the MLS Cup. There are 4 games left in the regular season. We play an important home game tomorrow against Real Salt Lake.

    The reality for our club is that we’ve had 3 losses in a row now. However- we’re still 2nd in the Western Conference. We’ve shown we can beat a team like LAFC (Gareth Bale who?) at Q2. Maybe it’s a good thing we have these messy losses in our rearview mirror now instead of at the very end of the season. The talent is here. It seems like the emotional ethos is here. These players want it, you can feel it. Austin wants it. We’re ready. Listos, if you will.
   
    Q2 Stadium is bound to rocking on Wednesday night. I know this because- I’m going. After I get off work I’m headed down to catch the 8:15pm kickoff. I will personally add a decibel or two to the crowd noise alone. The realtor who sold me my condo, Dave Marvin, gave me 2 tickets. I attempted to win his koozie contest, but only came away with an honorable mention for 4th place. Big thanks to my friends & family who 'voted' on Facebook. Unfortunately- There was no prize for 4th place. Dave gave me tickets anyway. What a legend. Dave took me to my first game a year ago. I’ve been hooked on the team ever since. The condo he sold me is a mile or so away from the beautiful designed, world-class Q2 stadium. Buying my place in Austin was a top 5 decision in my life so far. 
Thanks Dave. Goated 🐐🐐🐐
    I’d like to see us dominate in possession again Real Salt Lake. The verde have had some beautiful passing this year. Let’s see more of that, let’s control the pace. Our defense needs to be solid and mentally strong this game. No own goals, penalty kicks, no mental lapses.
 
We're supposed to win. 49% likelihood of a win vs. a 27% likelihood of a win for Real Salt Lake.
 
    My prediction: An impressive Austin FC win 4-0. LISTOS VERDE. A high-scoring, strong showing from our beloved MLS newcomers. Another header goal from Cascante, 2 goals for Druissi, and a golazo from Fagundez. And a defensive shutout. All 3 points, baby. Back to form right when it matters.

KEY PLAYER NOTES
Druissi - Our Argentinian superstar. Let’s secure that MVP with some goals.
Fagundez - My favorite player in the MLS right now. Plays winning futbol. So much hustle, heart, drive. Great passing and final touches. Did you see that free-kick goal? I’m this close to buying a jersey. He was on the lake today getting his mind right. Expect something special from him tomorrow night.
Stuver - The defense and Stuver have been slacking the last few games. We can’t rely on scoring 3 goals in every match. Let’s coalesce, get our minds right, and play smart defense. I root for laundry guys.
Coach Josh Wolff - I must admit- I’ve been critical of Wolff in the past. But this season he has made me eat my words. Our showing this season puts him in a criticism free zone for year or two; we’re not supposed to be this good yet. He has willed us this far. I like his comments in the press and his belief. Somehow, he’s making this thing work.
 
Time to rally. Time to make a run for it.



-Bill Mullarky, Austin FC supporter
9/13/22 3:40pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tesla Motors

Technology and Remaining Current in the Music Industry

My First Half Marathon Trail Running